Frequently Asked Questions

One of the most commonly asked questions, however the answer is not that simple.  Everyone has different experiences and learns at different rates.

Usually, we can conduct a HR course within the day, HC within 1-2 days, MC within 1-2 days.

It’s not a race to tick the boxes, additional training may be required.  It’s not about doing some hours in a truck, it’s about YOU, having the ability to demonstrate you can control the truck in normal, everyday driving conditions.

Yes, just like all RTO / truck training schools in WA, the Department of Transport issues an agency agreement, such that we can conduct the training, issue a statement of attainment, then conduct the Practical Driving Assessment (PDA).  We are responsible for making sure that the theory, eye sight requirements and practical demonstrations are conducted BEFORE you undertake the PDA. We do it all in-house.

No, as long as you hold a valid WA drivers’ licence, a learner’s permit is not required to undertake these courses.  There are minimum eligibility criteria you must conform to for each different course you can undertake. See each individual course for those requirements.

No, is the short answer.  You must demonstrate that you can operate the truck to the standard set by the Department of Transport.  When undertaking the PDA, the assessment is recorded with internal and sometimes external video and audio recorders.  IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE STANDARD, YOU DO NOT PASS THE ASSESSMENT.  Our job, is to make sure you get to the consistent standard required, in the shortest possible time.

Operator Training and Assessments has put in place preventative measures to ensure public health and safety at this time and to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We all must play an active role in stopping community transmission of the virus and ask those participating in training courses and assessments, to observe the requirements while on our site and in our vehicles.  That may include, suspending ANY and ALL training if you do not feel well. You MUST tell us if you are not feeling well so that we can re-schedule your training. Using hand sanitizer, cleaning vehicles after use and wearing masks if appropriate. Of course, mandatory QR scanning is also required for EVERY time you attend the office.

A 40% deposit is required on booking the course with the remainder payable on or before commencement of the course. Payment can be made by Credit Card (over the phone or in person), EFT or Cash on the day of training.
If an employer or a job network provider is paying the course fees, please notify the office prior to enrolment.
A Statement of Attainment (SoA) cannot be issued until all fees are paid in full and a valid USI (unique student identifier) has been provided.

Applying for your student number.


Before you enroll you will need a student number. To do this, go to, select a student login and follow the instructions.

You will need a form of ID, which can be one of the following

  • Driver’s Licence
  • Medicare Card
  • Passport (Australian)
  • Non-Australian Passport with Australian Visa
  • Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Registration by Descent
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Immicard

USI For students | Unique Student Identifier

Trusted, Nationally Qualified Trainers and Assessors Here, To Put You In The Driving Seat!

Monday To Friday
8:00 am - 5:00pm
Saturday To Sunday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
33 Rothschild Pl, Midvale WA 6056
ABN: 51 652 445 728